Thank you for your interest in Manhattan Virtual Academy.
Students from across the state of Kansas may apply to MVA.
- March 22 – May 14 Enrollment opens for USD 383 and MVA families.
- May 15- Enrollment opens state-wide and MVA will determine enrollment caps.
- Full time enrollments only; students may not be enrolled in another Kansas public school. There are no part time enrollments.
- Families must submit a completed MVA enrollment application with required documentation.
- Grades K-9: Review of education records. A student enrolling in Kindergarten must be 5 years old on or before August 31st in the school year for which he/she is enrolling.
- Grades 10-12: Review of education records and incoming credits. (Incoming 10th graders must have a minimum of 5 credits, 11th graders a minimum of 11 credits and 12th graders a minimum of 17 credits)
- Student must be in good academic standing
- Student must have positive attendance records
- K-5 students must have a parent/guardian home with them for support/monitoring during the school day (for grades 6-8, it is highly recommended)
- Attend a face-to-face orientation prior to beginning of school (new students and parent(s).
- MVA will not enroll students currently suspended or expelled from school.
Enrollment Steps for NEW students:
- Watch the MVA On-Demand Information video.
2. Complete the Interest Form.
3. Watch for an email to schedule your enrollment phone consultation.
4. If MVA is determined as an appropriate educational setting for your student, you will receive an email with the OLR (Online Registration) link, where you will also pay the $85 digital materials/resource fee ( $50 for elementary students).
Enrollment Steps for RETURNING students:
- Complete the Online Registration (OLR): Please contact email@example.com for the link.
- Pay $85 digital materials/resource fee online using the OLR ( $50 for elementary students).
- Middle and High school students ONLY: Complete course selection with our counselor, Mrs. Simkins. (look for an email with her Calendly link after the OLR has been completed).
If you need technical assistance with your account or with online registration (OLR), please contact Ronna Olivier at the Manhattan Virtual Academy Office at 785-587-2100 extension 8073. Also let our office know if you qualify for free/reduced lunches so we can adjust your enrollment fee.
Enrollment closes on September 3, 2021, or when maximum enrollment capacity is reached, whichever comes first.