Leading the Way for Today's Learners and Tomorrow's Innovators
Did you know that Kansas will need to fill 80,000 STEM-related jobs by 2018, all in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and math? The U.S. Department of Labor predicts that jobs requiring science, engineering, and technical training will increase 34% between 2008 and 2018 (Science and Engineering Indicators 2010, National Science Foundation). What does this mean for MVA?
MVA STEM provides students with a comprehensive education that focuses in-depth on Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and more as we lead the way to prepare students for their world and innovative careers.
The faculty and administration of Manhattan Virtual Academy and USD 383 showcase the belief that academic content is richer and more meaningful when connections are made across the curriculum. The MVA educational team offers instructional projects and exra-curricular opportunities that ignite enthusiasm by helping students connect to learning, transfer new knowledge to real world applications, and prepare for 21st century careers.
MVA STEM Opportunities include:
- STEM and Career/Technical Education Courses and Programs, grades 10-12
- Black and Veatch Explorer Post: all fields of Engineering, grades 9-12
- Hot Career Nights: Engineering, Allied Health, Veterinary Science, grades 9-12
- Kansas State University STEM Events, grades 6-12
- Summer STEM Camp, USD 383 and Kansas State University, grades 6-8
- MVA Academic Outings, grades 6-12